The Norwegian Institute at Athens Travel Stipend 2017/2018
The Norwegian Institute at Athens awards 3-5 annual stipends of maximum 20,000 Norwegian Kroner (NOK) to support research related to the activities of the Institute in Greece and its wider eastern Mediterranean context. Researchers of all nationalities in the fields of archaeology, classical studies, history of art, history, philosophy and other humanities and social sciences are eligible to apply.
This grant is intended to support researchers who have a clear purpose and need for stay in Greece or outside of the country of their residence over a period of time. The success of the application will, inter alia, be based on the project’s technical quality, scientific merit, relevance to the Institute, as well as networking and recruitment potential. It is essential for the success of the application to clearly state the benefit of the applicant’s project to the Norwegian Institute at Athens.
In 2017/2018 the Institute will award individual grants of maximum 20,000 NOK, depending on proposed budget. The stipend also includes the right to stay at the Norwegian Institute’s guesthouse free of charge during the reasonable period of time needed to complete the project or part thereof funded by the stipend (depends on availability of accommodation).
Applications must be received by Wednesday, February 1, 2017.
The application must include:
- applicants name and relevant contact information,
- project description (no more than one typed single-spaced page), explicitly stating the relevance of the proposed project to the Norwegian Institute and its mission in Greece and the Eastern Mediterranean,
- curriculum vitae or a résumé,
- complete and detailed project budget with information about any additional received or forthcoming funding,
- copy of the university degree or any other relevant certificates/documents (e.g. research permits) should also be enclosed. Please, do not send any recommendation/reference letters.
Please send applications electronically to:
Zarko Tankosic at firstname.lastname@example.org
The funding will be awarded in April 2017 and the funds must be used within one year from the official date on which the grant is awarded. Recipients of the travel grant are expected to give a lecture or comparable presentation of their research at the institute.
Further information may be obtained by contacting Zarko Tankosic, e-mail: email@example.com or tel.: +30 210 92 41 420.