In this policy:
- User is a natural or legal person using the Norwegian Institute at Athens website and services
- GDPR means Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
- Personal data, Processor and Controller will each have the meaning given to them in Article 4 of the GDPR.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. For the Norwegian Institute at Athens, the protection not only of personal but of all data that flows through our systems is the top priority. As part of this effort, we process personal data in accordance with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), and in accordance with the data protection regulations applicable to the Norwegian Institute at Athens.
Information we collect
We collect information in two ways:
- Usage information: When you visit our website or use our service, we automatically record information from your web browser which helps us improve the utility value of our site and manage the provision of our services. This may include your IP address, browser type, the web page visited before you came to our website, information you search for on our website, locale preferences or history of access to our website and statistics of traffic.
We are committed to doing our very best to protect your data and keep it confidential. We employ advanced security practices to keep your data safe and secure:
- The connection between the Norwegian Institute at Athens and your browser is always encrypted (HTTPS).
- Every connection between the Norwegian Institute at Athens and a third party service is established in the most secure way that is supported by the given service. In some cases (e.g. Abekt, FTP, databases, etc.) you have the option to set the security level manually.
- We use persistent IP addresses so that you can limit access or make tunnels.
- For your protection, we do not support outdated browsers. The latest browsers are more secure and ensure the highest security standards.
In the event that it is our duty to keep a record of some of your personal information, for example, for accounting purposes, this information is retained. We will irrevocably remove all other information within 60 days of your request.
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your consent.
We may disclose:
You may disable cookies within your browser to block this tracking by Google, understanding that doing so may affect your ability to use the full functionality of the Norwegian Institute at Athens. For certain browsers, you can also prevent Google from collecting information (including your IP address) via cookies and processing this information by downloading and installing this browser plug-in.